Guidance on my Journey

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." -Proverbs 3:5-6


Monday, July 25, 2011

Friendship


This quote really affected me today and made me teary eyed.  I know that it is about death, however I feel as if it is perfect for me right now…

"Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.”   Richard Bach, (Illusions)

I cried for the first time since being in Palestine (not including the TEAR GAS TEARS) a few nights ago when I realized that my time here is quickly coming to an end.  I do not want to say good bye to the friends and family I have made here.  I have met so many beautiful people who have inspired me and it breaks my heart that I am leaving them.  It’s easy to say you’ll return again when you know that the likelihood is high, but a lot will be changing in the next few months in Palestine.  I pray that the events will be for the better, but my fear is they will not. 

My heart is with my friends here over the next few months as they ask the international community to recognize their right to a country and to an identity.  Yes, there are good and bad people in every society, however that does not mean that we must deny people their God-given rights because of a few people.  And for that matter, none of us should be judging the actions of oppressed people unless we ourselves have lived in their shoes and walked with them. 

As Richard Bach says, “and meeting again…is certain for those who are friends” and I intend to fulfill that statement!  Friends, here, there and everywhere, I love you and know that you are always with me…regardless of distance and space. 












Much LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment